A veteran injured in a VA hospital or other facility can either pursue disability compensation through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and/or file an administrative claim for damages under the Federal Torts Claims Act (FTCA). If you file and win both claims, however, the disability benefits will be offset by the FTCA damages awarded. This article will cover how to get disability compensation through the VA for injuries that are caused by the VA. If you want to file an FTCA claim, you’ll need to consult with a disability attorney.

Getting Disability Compensation for Injuries Caused at a VA Health Care Facility | Nolo.com